Sunday, November 20, 2011

I Love Sweet Potatoes!

My Grandma Vaughn made the best sweet potato pie in the whole world. I have always tried to make one that tastes like hers, but I have not been successful.  Oh, my sweet potato pies tastes good, but not as wonderful as hers!

I also love sweet potato casseroles, but NOT with those icky marshmallows on top!      YUCK! 
Here is my favorite Sweet Potato Casserole recipe that I make at Thanksgiving, Christmas & sometimes at Easter.



Sweet Potato Casserole


3 cups mashed sweet potatoes
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup melted butter (not margarine)

Topping
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup flour (I used self-rising)
1/3 cup melted butter (not margarine)
1 cup chopped pecans

Combine first 6 ingredients.  Pour into a buttered 1 1/2to 2 quart casserole dish.  
Mix remaining ingredients together and sprinkle over the top. 

Bake at 350F for 30-40 minutes, until hot & browned.


This recipe will put a smile on your face and a spring in your step!  :)

2 comments:

  1. I am salivating!!! (And I'd have to eat the whole thing myself 'cause Rod hates sweet potatoes. Oh, darn!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doris, Steve hates sweet potatoes too, so I know how you feel. It just means more for me and it will usually last a whole week! :) I wonder if it would freeze well . . . I might try that!

    ReplyDelete

All comments will be moderated. Your comment will appear after it is reviewed.