See if you can guess the answers to these problems.
(Leave your guesses in the comment section below.)
1. How long is a piece of string?
2. A farmer had seventeen sheep. All but nine died. How many did he have left?
3. Take the numbers from 1 to 7, and mix them up and add them in any way, but use each number only once, and come up with a total of 100.
4. A man lives in a one-story building. He is out in his yard one day, and sees a bear rollerskating.
He runs inside his house to get his own roller skates. He finds the roller skates,
but has to go upstairs to get the key. What is wrong with this story?
5. How many feet are there on a lamb if you call a tail a foot?
Correct answers will appear on Monday, July 30
All of your guesses will be posted on Monday also.
1.Twice the distance from the middle to the end.
3. 1 + 2 + 34 + 56 + 7 = 100 (Becky's answer below is also correct!)
4. He couldn't go upstairs because he lived in a one-story building.
5. Four. Calling a tail a foot doesn't make it one.