Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Lore--Day 21




My friend, Penny, brought a cheese ball into work quite a few years ago and it was so yummy that I just had to have the recipe. I made it this past weekend to bring to work and to my knitting group. It was a hit! What makes it so great at Christmas time is that the cherries tint the cream cheese a pretty pink and then the red cherries and green onions look very Christmas-y! (I did have a photo of the cheese ball before everyone dug in, but unfortunately, I got the dreaded "card read error" when I tried to view the other photos.)

Cherry Cheese Ball

16 oz cream cheese, softened
small jar maraschino cherries, chopped & drained
8 oz crushed pineapple, drained real well
2 tablespoons green onions & tops, chopped very finely
2 tablespoons sugar
2 cups chopped pecans

Mix cream cheese, pineapple, cherries, onions, and sugar.
Roll into balls or logs and refrigerate overnight.
Roll in chopped nuts and serve with crackers of your choice.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be moderated. Your comment will appear after it is reviewed.