Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A Bad Omen or Bad Timing?


Back on December 4, my blog post was about the practice of cutting fruit tree limbs and bringing them into the home so that they would burst into bloom around Christmas .

Here are the limbs that I cut and what they looked like on Christmas Day:



Let's see now. The superstition says that if there are many blooms then you will have much good luck in the upcoming year. No blooms means very bad luck.

I am just hoping that the superstition is referring to OLD CHRISTMAS, which is on January 6. Keep your fingers crossed for me!



On the third day of Christmas my true love gave to me, three French hens, two turtle doves, and a partridge in a pear tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be moderated. Your comment will appear after it is reviewed.