Friday, June 29, 2012

Tour de Fleece 2012

I am participating in the "Tour de Fleece 2012" this year on Ravelry!  It lasts from June 30- July 22 which follows along with the Tour de France. (Get it?  Spinning bicycle wheels . . . spinning wheels?)  The idea is to encourage people to spin more fiber.

I have joined 5 teams so far:
 "Peloton" which is for everyone
"Team Kromski" for those with Kromski spinning wheels
 "Stashbusters" for those who have lots of fiber to spin
 "Climbers" for those who want to accomplish a skill that has been eluding them . . . for me, it is spinning cotton
 "Rookies" for those first time participants in the Tour

Here is what I hope to get spun during this event


A closer look:






If I get through all of that, I always have this to start on:





Plus, you will just have to trust me when I say that I have more . . . MUCH more fiber stashed away than what you see in these photos!!!


Copyright 2012--All Rights Reserved--The Wheel & Distaff by Kimberly Burnette-Dean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be moderated. Your comment will appear after it is reviewed.