Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day

Happy Father's Day, Daddy!  
It does not seem possible that you have been gone for 11 years.

My Daddy was always willing to do anything and I do mean ANYTHING to help me,
but the one thing he would never do was tell me what I should do when 
I had an important decision to make.  He would discuss it with me,
but he would always tell me that I had to make my own decisions,
be they good or bad, so that I would learn.
At the time, I would be very frustrated because I might not
know what decision to make, but I am SO glad that
he didn't tell me what I should do.
I made some pretty bad decisions sometimes, 
but I learned to look at an issue from all sides 
before making a decision.
Thank you for that gift, Daddy.

Dads are special people.  Be sure to give yours a hug today.

Me & Daddy

Daddy, Rosie, & me

The last photo I have of Daddy & me together
(That is Grandma Burnette in the pic with us.)
ca. 1993
Copyright 2012--All Rights Reserved--The Wheel & Distaff by Kimberly Burnette-Dean. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be moderated. Your comment will appear after it is reviewed.