Thursday, February 23, 2012

Mystery Item Answer

The answer to yesterday's mystery item is:  
A "Gee Haw Whimmy Diddle" or a "Hooey Stick."  

When I was growing up, we always called it a "gee haw whimmy diddle."
"Gee" means to turn right and "Haw" to the left when driving a team of oxen or horses.
 I got my first horse, when I was in the second grade, so Grandpa immediately taught me to always say "gee" or "haw" in addition to a light tug on the reins when I wanted to turn my horse.  (A fun side note: When we bought my horse, "Black Beauty," it was a two for one deal because she was pregnant!)

To see how you play with this toy, watch this excellent video on youtube uploaded by dj51florida



Amaze & mystify your friends with the miraculous, direction-switching, Gee Haw Whimmy Diddle!


Thanks to Becky, Leslie, Debbie, Anonymous, & Jeff for posting your guesses.  You were ALL right!  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be moderated. Your comment will appear after it is reviewed.