Monday, December 10, 2018


Bourbon Balls




3 cups finely crushed vanilla wafers (about 1 box or 75 cookies)
2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts (about 4 ounces)
1/3 cup cocoa
1/2 cup bourbon (or your favorite liquor)
1/4 cup light corn syrup
Powdered or granulated sugar

Mix crushed wafers, powdered sugar, nuts, and cocoa. Stir in bourbon and corn syrup. Shape mixture into 1-inch balls. Roll in powdered sugar. Refrigerate in tightly covered containers several days before serving. Makes about 60 servings. 

NOTES
  • When I make this recipe, I generally use pecans rather than walnuts, but they are both tasty. 
  • I have made this recipe many different ways over the years. Simply substitute your favorite liquor for the bourbon. I have used whiskey, bourbon, Jim Beam Red Stag Dark Cherry bourbon, cinnamon whiskey, dark rum, pineapple rum and other flavored rums, creme de menthe, Grand Marnier, butterscotch schnapps, orange cream rum, etc.  You get the idea!  😀
  • I have never rolled the balls in granulated sugar. I always use powdered sugar, but I’m sure both are good. 
  • I have been using this recipe for 16 years and it is just awesome. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be moderated. Your comment will appear after it is reviewed.