Sunday, July 14, 2013

Tour de Fleece Days 14 - 16



The only thing that I spun on this day was the alpaca yarn in the upper right hand corner.
I would have spun more, but I had to attend a huge fiber sale!
A local fiber artist is moving and Greenberry House in Meadows of Dan, Virginia is
having a big sale this weekend and next weekend to sell lots of items.
I purchased quite a bit of fiber and a few small pieces of equipment.
Here are my purchases:
a Lincoln sheep fleece, a Cotswold sheep fleece, Turkish Spindle, Flick Carder, apron,
a weaving book, a small drop spindle, thrown silk waste, silk roving,
cochineal dyed Angora, silk hankies, a recycled blue jean cotton/flax roving,
mohair top,  recycled denim.white & brown cotton roving,
cream colored cotton roving, more silk roving, gold Tussah silk, blue silk noil,
merino/silk/cashmere roving, superfine Merino top, a cone of turquoise yarn,
Icelandic wool roving,  brown/cream/black roving, 8 oz white wool roving,
10 oz white Lincoln wool locks, a handmade wool basket,  and a couple of bags of
assorted wools which includes some beautiful long Lincoln wool locks dyed green. 

This was my first project using my new blending board!
The dyed roving used in this project is what I dyed last weekend. 
While in Meadows of Dan on Saturday for the huge fiber sale, I had to stop in at Poor Farmer's Market and get one of their Hungry Hillbilly Subs!  They are SO YUMMY!

The new Meadows of Dan Elementary School is under construction and it is looking fabulous so far.  I can't wait to see what it looks like when it is completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be moderated. Your comment will appear after it is reviewed.