Friday, April 5, 2013

SURPRISE!

Just when you think that old man winter has packed his bags and headed south, you look out the window and see this:


It started blowing snow in Vinton around 3:00 PM.  I really didn't think that it would amount to much.  There was no mention of it in the weather forecast. Before long, the grass was starting to get covered with a sleet/snow mixture and it was beginning to stick on the sidewalk.

I had been nursing a serious headache all afternoon.  Maybe it was a harbinger of the crazy weather that was headed our way. A co-worker got to work early because of the weather and decided to do her nails sitting in the break room.  Ordinarily, nail polish would not bother me, but those fumes wafting through the work room and to the desk felt like ice picks stabbing into my temples and I was starting to feel sick to my stomach.  When I have a headache, I am very sensitive to light and smells.  Needless to say, I had to leave work early.

As it turns out, I am very glad that the fumes drove me out of the building, because by the time that I got home, my driveway was covered with a thick coating of sleet/snow slush and I spun all the way up.  I believe that if I had arrived a bit later, I would not have been able to get up that driveway.

A bit earlier, I had heard a woman saying that she had KNOWN that it was still going to snow again, so she was not surprised by this storm. She said that the dogwoods will not bloom until they know that there will not be anymore snow.  Well, I don't know about that because I think that I have seen snow on dogwood blooms before and I may even have photos somewhere!  Have you ever hear this said about dogwoods?

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be moderated. Your comment will appear after it is reviewed.