Sunday, January 6, 2013

Fun at the St. Distaff's Day Celebration


Yesterday was the first annual St. Distaff's Day Celebration & Yarn Swap at the Vinton Branch Library.  As with most programs that I am involved with, I am always nervous.  Nervous about whether people will attend, nervous about whether they will have a good time, nervous about being nervous!

About 19 people came out for the celebration. We had a mixture of knitters, crocheters, and spinners. Of course, some could do all three! Most of the people who attended lived locally, others drove about 45 minutes. A couple of folks drove almost 1 hour and 45 minutes!

One of the components of the event was the yarn/fiber swap where you could bring yarn or fiber that you wished to trade for something else. Before the drawing began, the trade table was chocked full of yarns of all descriptions, grab bags, fiber, books, and magazines. It was enough to make me a bit giddy!

Here are the items that I traded for:


A grab bag of colors that I plan on weaving into squares
to add to my collection.
Some day I will join them all to make an afghan!

I have never tried boucle yarn, so this will be fun to play with!
Love the colors!

Handmade bamboo size 3 double point needles and handmade case
by Wild Iris Wool, Floyd, VA

4 oz of raw llama
LOVE this color!
I am going to try using wool combs to prepare this

It was a wonderful opportunity to see old friends and to make some new ones. Lots of fun, food, & fiber.  I hope to have this event again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be moderated. Your comment will appear after it is reviewed.