Saturday, December 15, 2012

Where are the Posts?

Between getting ready for my first ever craft show, fighting off the cold that will just not go away, and the normal craziness that accompanies the holiday season, I must say that I have been very lax about keeping up with my blog posts for the last month. Here is what I have been up to:

Preparing the Yarn

Yarn drying before the show

More yarn drying
Christiansburg Lions Craft Show
I shared a booth with my long time friend, Diane and her sister-in-law, Gail.

My yarn!  :D




Diane & Gail's felted soap and shaving soap

Diane's handmade broomcorn brooms


After the show, I took a small break from spinning and actually worked some more on my shawl that I have been knitting for the last three months. I'm still not finished, but I did make some good progress! For the last week, I have been working on getting more fiber spun into yarn so that I am ready for the Olde Liberty Fibre Faire in Bedford, Virginia on April 13, 2013.

To check out what I currently have for sale click HERE.  You can also click on the tab at the top of my blog page on Spinn Lady Fibers.

This past week I also attended a workshop on needle felting Christmas ornaments. I had made a felted flat flower before, but this was my first 3-dimensional critter. (I can already tell that I am going to have to do some more needle felting!)

Meet Abe! 

Meet Abe!

I had to indulge in one of my other past times too.  Playing around with a photo editing program.

"Oh, the weather outside is frightful . . . "

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be moderated. Your comment will appear after it is reviewed.